What: The Launch of the National Council on Election Integrity
When: Tuesday, October 27, from 5 – 6:15 PM EDT
The COVID-19 pandemic and a volatile political landscape are creating unprecedented challenges that must be addressed to hold a safe and secure election this year.
Against this backdrop, a bipartisan group of more than 40 government, political, and civic leaders created the National Council on Election Integrity to ensure that every American’s vote is counted this November.
Issue One and Fix the System invite you to attend a virtual launch event for the National Council on Election Integrity TODAY, October, 27, from 5 – 6:15 PM EDT.
Please join several members of this newly formed bipartisan council for a virtual discussion about why it’s important to unite across party lines to vigorously defend the legitimacy of the 2020 election.
Speakers will include:
- Former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff (R)
- Former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel (R-NE)
- Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta (D-CA)
- Issue One Co-Founder and CEO Nick Penniman
- Fix the System Co-Founder and Managing Director Nilmini Rubin
- New America CEO Anne-Marie Slaughter
- New America’s Digital Impact and Governance Initiative Director Tomicah Tillemann
As members of this new bipartisan council, Secretaries Michael Chertoff, Chuck Hagel, and Leon Panetta will discuss how the National Council on Election Integrity plans to support a free, fair, and constitutional democratic process — both before and after Election Day. New America CEO Anne-Marie Slaughter will moderate the discussion.